Congo

Ebola in DR Congo: first month of outbreak sees record number of cases – UN humanitarians

Dr Abdirahman Mahamud, Director, Health Emergency Alert and Response Operations at the World Health Organization (WHO), who returned last week from one…

2 months ago

Ebola in DR Congo: One month on, scaled up response remains insufficient

The DRC now has more than 780 confirmed cases and 180 deaths, while Uganda has recorded 19 confirmed cases, including…

2 months ago

DR Congo: Efforts ramp up as Ebola outbreak accelerates beyond borders

As of 17 June, 896 confirmed cases and 232 deaths had been reported across 31 health zones in the country,…

2 months ago

Ebola treatment capacity expands in DR Congo as WHO issues new guidelines

WHO has expanded isolation capacity for suspected cases and upgraded treatment facilities, including the construction of individual isolation rooms that…

2 months ago

DR Congo: Ebola spreads as agencies brace for child victims

“Every day, cases are being identified in new health zones. And that reflects really the scale of this outbreak, a…

2 months ago

‘Rare, untreatable strain’: Ebola toll mounts in eastern DR Congo

Damien Mama, interim Humanitarian Coordinator in the DRC, arrived in the provincial capital Bunia on Sunday, where he will assess response efforts and…

2 months ago

DR Congo Ebola outbreak: Nurses discharged after full recovery

“More recoveries are expected, especially when people are diagnosed early and able to access care, and as outbreak response intensifies,” the UN World…

3 months ago

‘You are not alone’: WHO chief vows to stand with DR Congo through Ebola outbreak

Speaking in Bunia, the capital of Ituri province and the epicentre of the outbreak, Tedros said local communities must remain…

3 months ago

WHO chief calls for ceasefire amid DR Congo Ebola outbreak

Ahead of his arrival, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus appealed to armed groups to declare a ceasefire so that health workers can reach people and halt spread of…

3 months ago

Ebola outbreak in DR Congo collides with conflict and hunger, WHO warns

WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the Ebola Bundibugyo virus outbreak in Ituri province was spreading in an environment where…

3 months ago