Hamas has said it is committed to implementing the Gaza ceasefire deal with Israel and will continue releasing hostages within the agreed time frame.
Following talks in Cairo, the Palestinian armed group said Egyptian and Qatari mediators had confirmed they would “remove obstacles” to the deal.
There was no immediate response from Israel. But Egyptian and Qatari reports said mediators had bridged the gaps between the two sides and both were committed to continue implementation.
On Tuesday, Israel said the ceasefire would end if Hamas did not return hostages this Saturday. Hamas had earlier said it was postponing releases over what it claimed were Israeli violations.
Hamas said Israel was not allowing in the agreed amounts of vital humanitarian aid, including tents and shelters, which Israel denied.
The group’s announcement prompted US President Donald Trump to propose Israel cancel the agreement and “let hell break out” unless “all of the hostages” were returned by Saturday.
South Korea’s presidential office condemned North Korea’s launch of more than 10 short-range ballistic missiles…
Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said on Wednesday (Aug 19) that Beijing was “actively considering”…
Lebanon has handed Syria a former general who served under the ousted regime of Bashar…
Key points‘Rushing’ to elections could fuel conflict, says CommissionHundreds of ceasefire violations confirmedPeace deal still…
The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) has recently declared a national outbreak of salmonella food…
Kate Morgan explains why some Welsh women are travelling to London for abortions. Source link