The Israel Defence Forces (IDF) said the strike was on a “civilian unmarked vehicle” whose movement had “not been coordinated for transporting aid”.
Pictures circulating on social media showed a white saloon car by the side of a road, partially burned-out and with its roof caved in.
Video filmed inside a mortuary also showed a number of charred possessions – including a laptop, clothing, and and ID badge – bearing the WCK logo.
Wafa reported that the five people killed were all Palestinian and included the director of WCK’s kitchens in Gaza.
In a statement, the IDF said it had “struck a vehicle with a terrorist that took part in the murderous 7 October massacre”.
“The terrorist was monitored for a while by IDF intelligence and was struck following credible information regarding his real time location,” it said.
WCK has been approached for comment.
In April, seven WCK workers, including three British security staff, were killed in an Israeli strike on an aid convoy, prompting widespread condemnation and a temporary halt to the charity’s operations in Gaza.
The IDF later admitted “grave mistakes” had been made and sacked two senior officers.
Israel has built about 160 settlements housing 700,000 Jews since it occupied the West Bank…
The vaccination of commercial hens against common salmonella strains, which began in the mid-1990s in…
The Israeli army has ordered a criminal investigation into the killing in Gaza of five-year-old…
A person has died and hundreds have fallen ill with salmonella food poisoning in an…
In an alert, the agency also warned that relief access has been disrupted further by…
An Australian court will on Wednesday (Aug 19) begin hearing the appeal of a woman…