Hagari also said the head of Hezbollah’s missile and rocket unit, Ibrahim Qubaisi, had been killed in an air strike in Beirut’s southern suburbs on Tuesday afternoon, along with at least two other commanders who were with him at the time.
Qubaisi was “a key figure in activating missiles” and was “responsible for a series of attacks on Israeli territory”, he added.
Hezbollah confirmed in a Telegram post that Qubaisi had been “martyred” in a strike.
The Lebanese health ministry said six people were killed and 15 others injured in an “Israeli enemy raid” that partly destroyed the top two floors of a block of flats in Beirut’s Ghobeiry neighbourhood.
Hezbollah said that its fighters had fired barrages of rockets towards more than a dozen Israeli towns and military bases, as well as an explosives factory. It also claimed that a new type of rocket had been used to strike the IDF’s Samson unit.
Sirens continued to sound throughout the day across northern Israel and interceptor rockets from Israel’s Iron Dome air defence system were seen streaking into the sky.
Some of the approximately 300 rockets landed, causing damage and injuring six civilians and soldiers, most of them lightly, according to Hagari.
In its statement on Wednesday, the IDF said the presence of an armed guard with…
The United States is preparing to impose what Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent described as the…
Key pointsEbola deaths reach 2,516 in DRC Response funding could run out within weeks Dozens of…
For millions of Indian families, becoming a doctor, engineer or lawyer remains one of the…
Samer is partially blind and has a leg injury that makes moving difficult."Fear dominates everything.…
The cost of studio memberships can be pretty high, so people are increasingly organising their…